Policies & Guidelines
- There is a $50 non-refundable registration fee which can be paid via check / credit card.
- We offer Bharathanatyam, Bollywood and Shlokam classes.
- Bharathanatyam lessons will be both practicals and theory. Bharathanatyam students will learn Semi classical & Specialty dances such as Snake dance, Peacock dance and a glimpse of other Indian classical dances like Kathak, Kuchpudi & Odissi.
- Bollywood classes will include folk dances from various parts of India.
- No classes will be offered on holidays.
- The holiday schedule for the year will be posted on the school website. Please note that we follow the Greenville County school calendar for holiday schedules.
- There will be a maximum of 4 classes per month (Group Classes), INCLUDING HOLIDAYS.
- If there are 4 weeks in a month and one of the week is listed as a holiday, then there will be 3 classes for the month.
- If there are 5 weeks in a month and one of the weeks is a holiday, then there will be 4 classes for the month.
- If there are 5 weeks in a month and there is no listed holiday, then there will be no class for the 5th week.
Duration / Tuition
- Class duration is 45 minutes long.
- Payment system will be implemented via ACH (automatic monthly deduction).
- There will be an increase in the tuition fees when the student is promoted to the next level.
- Private lessons are available. Call for more information.
- The student is expected to attend all scheduled classes.
- There will be no refund or make-up session for unattended classes. Poor attendance slows the class due to the need to repeat prior lessons.
- There will be periodical testing to assess and promote the student to a higher level. An assessment fee of $15 will be charged for each testing. The assessment fee will be $25 for a higher level entry testing. THIS IS APPLICABLE FOR BHARATHNATYAM CLASSES ONLY.
Recital & Performance
- The student may not dance for any other group without prior permission. Written and/or verbal permission of the Director is required, if she/he would like to replicate in part or whole, the dance routine learned in the dance class at any event not being put through NSOD.
- Students, who miss too many classes for an ongoing practice for a stage performance, may not be allowed to participate in that dance.
- The student must wear salwar kameez and duppatta in class.
- The student must wear bindi on her forehead and tie her hair up.
- No footwear is allowed in class.
- All students are required to be picked up promptly at the end of their class.
- A baby sitting fee of $15 per hour will be charged, if students are not picked up at the end of their class.
- Children should not run around at any time, during class.
- Please observe silence in the studio, in order to allow classes to proceed without disruptions or distractions.
- No videography is permitted in class.
- NSOD and its Director accept NO LIABILITIES for any injuries or accidents that may occur at the dance studio premises, in performance/recital halls, in any school performance in state or out of state, during transportation to any performance location, or participation in any other activities of the school.
- NSOD is not liable for any physical and/or emotional damage caused to my child while participating in any activities including a class or performance.
- Parents, legal guardians of minor students, and adult students waive the right to any legal action for any injury sustained on school property resulting from normal class activity or any other activity conducted by the students before, during or after class.
- In case of a medical emergency, it will be the responsibility of the parent or guardian to administer or arrange for medical treatment. However, in the absence of the parent/guardian at the time of emergency, emergency medical care will be called for and the emergency contact listed in the student information sheet will be notified. The parent/guardian understands that they will take full responsibility of the student. All medical treatment is at the parents' / guardians' own expense.
General Class Guidelines
- Come fully 'prepared' for the class. Be on time.
- Leave the footwear outside.
- Always have extra safety pins and hair bands handy.
- Address the 'Guru' as 'didi' or 'ma'am'.
- Always respect the teachers and 'Seniors'.
- 'Seniors' are required to assist in class when needed.
- Do not 'ask' to be taught a new step.
- Always observe silence in class.
- Do not be disruptive in class.
- The student is always welcome to call the teacher by phone if she/he needs help with her practice.
- Always begin and end your practices at home with 'Bhoomi Namaskaar'.
- Refrain from counting steps as 1,2,3,4.... . Use only the 'syllables' given for each category.
- Put all your supplies together in a bag for your convenience.
NSOD reserves the right to refuse services to any person who does not support the policies and decisions set forth.